Monday, December 1, 2008

Snow, Again

We had a lovely Thanksgiving with our nuclear family. The parents and in-laws remained back in the home state and we stayed here, so Ms. Huis made a fabulous turkey dinner for us. We still have leftovers (of course).

I took today and tomorrow off to decompress from work and get a few things done around the house. Hopefully I won't get distracted away from all the projects around here. Ms. Huis is busy taking a shower while I keep an eye on our youngest. The other eye has been assigned to this.

We woke up this morning to snow, which is no surprise for the first of December. The timing is actually great for two reasons. First, I put out grass seed last week, and if it can stay covered all winter with snow, I should have first rate grass next spring. Second, because I had the day off, I was able to leisurely get up and blow the snow off the driveway, rather than get up an hour early or get into work an hour late.

Stepping out the back porch, I saw this. That's right, snow drifted into the house.



And this, which is the snow drifted up under the "storm" door and piled flatly against the interior door.



I may need to tighten up some of the exterior doors...

3 comments:

ShoNuff said...

Yeah... though I think the weatherstripping is cheap and easy... on the up side.

DiploWhat said...

Ah, but this is a magic house that probably won't accept run of the mill weatherstripping. It will need some special "hasn't been made since Pharos ruled" or custom made thing, or a new door alltogether, right? I mean, it would be keeping with tradition on how the rest of the projects have gone for you. =)

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Diplowhat - you made me laugh out loud. You must have MET our house! :)

Haven't started that project yet... we'll let you know what _particular_ SNAFU messes up that one.